- 225 g fresh baby spinach leaves, tough stalks removed
- 600 ml milk
- 700 ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 200 g cream cheese flavored with garlic and herbs
- salt and pepper
- Put the spinach in a large saucepan and pour in the milk and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 12 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool completely.
- Ladle the cold soup into a food processor, in batches if necessary, and process until smooth. Cut the cheese into chunks and add to the soup. Process again until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover with clingfilm and leaves to chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Stir well before ladling into bowls. Add croutons, if using, and serve immediately.